Monday, October 6, 2008

More wonderful emails!

I was so pleased to received these emails from Sara & Kirk's family recently. I had the pleasure of photographing their wedding just about two weeks ago (you can see the pictures here, here and here)



Hi Melissa,

Sara is my niece and so I was lucky to attend the wedding and I wanted you to know how absolutely lovely your pictures are. You captured so many moments – in all of their beauty and simplicity and seriousness and fun! Everything about the photos – from the light, to the composition to the unexpected angles – seems so remarkably in touch with the spirit of the wedding. (I especially love the photos of Sara and Kirk under the ridge – the rain did not seem to intrude about your work!) I have not talked to Sara since the wedding, but I am so certain that she and Kirk will be delighted, and we will all enjoy the photos for many years to come.

Lisa


and

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for doing such a terrific job photographing Sara and Kirk's wedding. We loved the "sneak peak" pictures on your blog. You certainly have a talent for "capturing the moment" and each of your pictures is unique and beautiful. I am so impressed with how well you captured expressions and interactions. Since you didn't really know the guests or their relationships to Sara and Kirk, it was amazing that you were able to snap such meaningful pictures.

In reflecting on my own wedding thirty years ago, I clearly remember the dominant presence of our photographer. We had constant requests to pose for photos and as someone who is camera shy, I found that pretty stressful. It was so nice that you were unobtrusive and not at all demanding.

Sara and Kirk told me that you were great to work with -- very professional and always prompt with replies to their questions. Planning a wedding can be so challenging because you have to deal with so many people (florist, caterer, musicians etc) and their unique ways of handling things. Somehow, you were able to inspire Sara and Kirk's confidence in your abilities and in your business and you put their minds at ease.

Thanks again for all you did to help preserve the memories of our daughter's wedding. We can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. Best wishes for continued success in your photography business!

Sincerely,
Marilyn (and Keith!)(Sara's parents)

No comments: